Soli Deo Gloria
TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY

Monday, August 17, 2009

In Process



This is what I'm currently working on. Just started it last weekend while I worked at the PAPA gallery for Downtown After Dinner. I think I have about 5 hours in it so far, and hope to have it done soon. Probably another 5 hours at least. As you can see, or in case you don't, it is another self-portrait idea, similar to "Though He slay me, yet will I Hope in Him" I've really been drawn to ideas that say something about my journey, something about what God is doing in my life. It's a different direction than my usual "draw something pretty." In my hand, I hold a negative pregnancy test. My infertility has been, obviously, one if the defining events in my life, but I also plan to touch on other subjects in my past and present. Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to post my current drawings every now and then, and give the chance to see my unfinished work.


3 comments:

  1. I love your work Alexis and how you paint your heart in each piece of work especially your self-portraits.

    You are so very very talented. I am envious in a good way. = )

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you Carol! Your comments are always so sweet and encouraging! Your page looks great by the way. I may have to have you give me some tips on pastels, since the pastel class I wanted to take at the school of art was canceled. See you next Tue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis your work is absolutely stunning! I can't put into words how impressed I am - the one of the flowers has such fine detail that it looks like a photograph! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete